Long Ranch

$360,000

Wilbarger County, Texas

240 acres

Call Beau Byars at (940) 224-3183

Large Map

Property Overview

The Long Ranch offers a good mixture of woods, pasture, and cultivation and is suitable to both cattle ranching and hunting. The property sits off of Hwy 283 in northern Wilbarger County and has easy, year around access.

Approximately 80% of the ranch is native country, consisting of mature mesquite trees, bushy hackberries and native grass pastures. Two small wheat fields make up the other 20%. These fields are approximately 18 and 25 acres in size and are located at opposite ends of the ranch (NE and SW corners).

The seasonal Salt Creek runs directly through the middle of this property for roughly 3/4 of a mile. This creek is a tributary of the Red River and funnels large amounts of runoff to it during the rainy seasons. Even during dry spells, though, the Salt Creek will hold pockets of water throughout it. There is a nice size water tank off of the creek too, which helps retain water on the ranch year around.

Hunting on the Long Ranch includes whitetail deer, wild hog, some turkey and quail, and dove around the tank. The strips of open pasture along the creek provides excellent rifle shooting, as well as on the two fields. There are several nooks in the fields where more specific food plots could be developed for the wildlife.

The ranch has a mixture of various native grasses and can carry a small cow/calf herd with minimal feeding. There is a barbed wire fence around the perimeter; some of this fence is in excellent condition and some parts need tightening.

Asking Price: $1500/acre

Call agent Ben Belew at cell phone (940) 357-9940 for more information about this property.

Contact Agent

  • Agent:Beau Byars
  • Phone:(940) 224-3183

*Your Name

*Your Email

Your Message

Verification (spam prevention)
What is 2+7? 

Video Tour

Video Tour Play Video

General Information

  • For Sale
  • $360,000
  • 240 acres
  • $1,500
  • Hunting
  • Dirt Road
  • Fargo
  • Texas
  • Wilbarger

Wildlife

  • Whitetail Deer
  • Coyote
  • Dove
  • Feral Hogs
  • Turkey

Waterfront

  • Seasonal Creek
  • Pond

Utilities

  • Cell Phone Service
  • Electricity
The Brand for Land